The role of PHAC is to:
- Promote health;
- Prevent and control chronic diseases and injuries;
- Prevent and control infectious diseases;
- Prepare for and respond to public health emergencies;
- Serve as a central point for sharing Canada’s expertise with the rest of the world;
- Apply international research and development to Canada’s public health programs; and
- Strengthen intergovernmental collaboration on public health and facilitate national approaches to public health policy and planning.
It is a province-wide Maritime Injury Prevention Program based at the IWK Health Center in Halifax, Nova Scotia. CSL works with people in your community to help keep your newborn, toddler, or your child safe at home, on the road, and in the playground, whether in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick or Prince Edward Island. The website also offers tips on various safety topics for all ages and developmental stages of your child. Topics include car seat installation, helmet use, home safety products, toy and playground safety, and how to protect children from poisoning. drowning and falling at home.